Have you ever heard someone say 'just be yourself,' as though it's the answer to everything? It can be very difficult to be yourself, especially if you don't really know who you are anymore.
Learning how to be yourself and feel genuinely comfortable is the first step towards living a happy and meaningful life. In How To Be Yourself, psychologist Jane Briscoe and her co-author, Simone Essex, deliver an empowering collection of techniques combining the use of acceptance and commitment therapy, positive psychology, hypnotherapy and mindfulness. These techniques are designed to aid in
- Understanding exactly who you are and how the human mind works;
- Identifying and embracing your values, strengths and personality style;
- Reducing stress, worry and insecurities;
- Overcoming the fear of judgement;
- Handling difficult and painful thoughts effectively.
As a bonus, How To Be Yourself comes with a hypnosis CD. Listen to the CD to help reinforce the powerful strategies offered throughout the guide. By embracing these techniques, anyone can experience authentic happiness.